This is where you find my craft and cross-stitch blog

06.07.2011

Framing

One thing I found out is, no matter how humble the painting, a good frame can turn it into a piece of art.

I can't remember when I was drawing this house. It was to try out some different pencils.
When we found this frame on the fleamarket, and didn't have a use for it yet, I looked through the pile of scribblings and thought this one looks nice in it.






This one is another example and also a collaborative work by my friend and mine.





He made the background using water colors. After some months I looked at it again and suddenly discovered the person in the left. Then I clearly could see the tree and the bird.
I actually didn't see the teepee but thought the person looks like a shaman and something was missing in the center ;-)
I was just kidding around and it looked absolutely boring before it was in the frame. Now I love it!


You have seen this painting before. This is the way it is hanging on the wall now.



Once again I was just kidding, but then I thought it makes the painting interesting and turns it into an installation.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen